Note well...




The Defender

This was our camp on the Yukon across from Dawson City.  I posted it already but I wanted to pause to give some recognition to the Defender. I consider it as much a personality on these trips as I do my travel companions and the people I meet along the way. I would not be making these trips without it.  It is as much a part of me as anything else, and has  been that way for 23 years.  It Is an extraordinary machine, a precision machine.  It allows me to go places I would not otherwise go because I know it and the way I have it equipped will get me back.  I tell people that it gets me where I want to go, but more importantly, home. 

At night at the camps, I place it strategically so that it stands guard over the site all night.  Although it has been attacked by raccoons and a bear at Lake Tahoe while we slept, the Defender never let us down.

There is only one other vehicle I would ever trade this for, a white Defender 110.  If someone gave me a new Rolls Royce Silver Cloud, I would take it immediately, but turn around a sell it and buy two white Defender 110s.

Land Rover only made one mistake with the Defender - stopped making them this year. What a terrible decision.




Ed and Donner, from on the road
P.S...I apologize and take full responsibility for all typos, errors and ambiguities in this message.  I do not have time to edit or even proof my messages.  Please do the best you can to interpret what I wrote.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love that Donner is running in this photo. Safe travels.

Deb said...

Hi Ed! Hope your trip is going great!! Can't wait for the next update. Hugs to you and Donner!!