Note well...




Day 34, September 11, Sunday, Chena River Camp, Fairbanks

What a nice little camp.  They have improved it enormously since I last stayed here with Leben and Erde in 2001.  Too bad it is our home only for 17 more hours after it took two hours to set it up.  

The small tent is our guest house, for our guest Stefanie, who will join us for the worst and best of the entire journey. I finally met someone who is as crazy as I must be to be doing this, besides my dogs.

Notice Donner in the Defender, staying out of the
 light rain.  I wish I had the luxury to do that.

Tomorrow, the Dalton, probably only to the Arctic Circle where we will camp for the night.  Then, on Tuesday, the dramatic Brooks Range,  where I backpacked and crafted for a month in 1996, Atigun Pass and finally the North Slope.  I can feel the chill in the air already.  

Now I need to find a laundry and shower in town.



Ed and Donner, from on the road
P.S...I apologize and take full responsibility for all typos, errors and ambiguities in this message.  I do not have time to edit or even proof my messages.  Please do the best you can to interpret what I wrote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see that Stefanie will be joining you. She was nervous and excited when I dropped her off at the Greyhound in Valemount. Have fun you guys, and stay warm!! I can't wait to hear all the stories. - Riette