Note well...




Check Lists

Check lists are as crucial to the success of these trips as they are to airline pilots. I swear by them, although by the end of the trip they are imprinted on my brain.  There are three of them:

1- a checklist for breaking camp

2- A checklist for when I make a pit stop or take a break on the road

3- A checklist fort servicing the Defender on the road. (See other checklist for servicing the Defender before I leave)

For the most part, overlooking something on the checklist may lead to an irritation or inconvenience, but in some cases that can lead to a disaster.  Fortunately, no disaster has happened as the result of a failure to go through a checklist, and in more than 300 campsites, I have left behind or lost only two things, a spoon and a pewter wine glass.

Here is an image of these three checklists:


No comments: