Note well...




Laundry List of things to write about

Posting to my blog is on my list of daily chores, but it is the antepenultimate chore of the 24 I have for each day, and for good reason.  Usually, I do not have time for much more than a recording of the day's salient events and a log of the day's activities and progress.  But from time to time, time permitting, I will write about a topic that is more general in nature, one that permeates or defines the entire trip. (Rarely will I have the chance to write something profound, like the meaning of these trips to me or how they will change my life, although they most certainly do).

Here is a laundry list of some topic I hope to write about before or during the trip, divided into two categories, The Mundane and The Profound.  If you have some suggestions, please send me a comment. When I write something about these topics, I will hyperlink the item on this page to those postings.

The Mundane
The things to do in a camp
The routine once I get into the tent 
The Defender
My Equipmentd
The arrangement of the tent
The arrangement of the Defender
The  arrangement of the roof rack
The arrangement of a campsite
My rating scale for camps
My rating scale for a campsite
My Contingency Planning
My To Take List
The Tent(s)
The Daily Routine
My To Do List
How did I manage to snag two Denali Road permits in 2013 and four in 2016?
My GPS
The "rooms" in the Defender
My Library
My Rules of the Road
My music selections
How I select a camp, a campsite and how to arrange it.

The Profound
Why I take these trips.
What is my fascination with the road?
What is my fascination with the ends of the roads?
Why do I keep going back to the same places?
Why camp in a tent when virtually no one else does these days?
Why do I take these trips alone?
What does Canes, Natura, Via and Solituinem mean?
What I do when I am driving (besides drive)
How my life changes as the result of these trips
What is the best part about these trips? (Short answer: All of us arriving home safely)
Are these trips fun? (Short answer: Not until they end)
How did these trips come about? What was their inspiration or origin?


No comments: