Note well...




On The Road patch

Below is a mock-up of the 3.5 inch patch I had made up for this road-camping trip, which is actually planned to be a retracing of most of  my previous seven trips with my dogs. .

The dog house over DC is home, our starting and end points.

The icons of the yellow tents are only some of our hoped-for  camping destinations, although even i recognize that it may be too ambitious a plan, but we will try.

The two ship symbols represent the ferries or cargo ships that we will take or have taken in Labrador and in Alaska.

The white patch represents the snow we have experienced or surely will experience in Alaska and the Yukon, as well as other places.

The green and back streaks in the left upper corner of North America represent the Northern Lights which we have seen, may see, or most certainly will sleep under..

The sun setting in the west represents the more than 400 settings of the sun we will have seen in almostvas many different locations. I could just as well placed a rising sun in the east too.

The Latin inscription at the bottom stands for Dogs, Nature, the Road, Solitude, for reasons that will be obvious to readers of my blogs at  www.OnTheRoad.camp.

This Latin slogan really should end with Populusque, "and People," because on all my trips i have met some of kindest, nicest people i have ever met on this planet. But those people know who they all are so they do not have to be reminded that they are in my thoughts on these trips.

This trip is planned to take us more than 16,000 miles over some of the most beautiful land on this planet as well as some of this continent's roughest roads.

If you think you deserved a patch by listening to my stories, send me your name and address at my email.  But tell me where I met you so I can recall and not end up sending patches to somevI never met but wants one of these sure-to-be-coveted patches to sell on eBay.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dog and Nature through Solitude.