Note well...




Last call for Denali

I extended an invitation to several of you to join me on my drive up the Denali Park Road, for which I have permits for September 16, 18 and 19.  I can take one  person along as I have only one extra seatbelt, but no real seat, although I do have an ad hoc stadium seat I brought along.  So far, no one has signed up, although one person may be interested and in the area at the time.  My plan is to arrive in Fairbanks on the 10th, take in as much of the Dalton Hiway as I can, and then head to Denali on either the 15th or 17th.  Since time us running out, let me know if you are seriously interested as soon as you can so we can discuss the so what complex logistics.  First come, first served. All you will need to bring is a winter sleeping bag and lots of winter clothes as it will assuredly be cold. Three years ago, the temperature outside the tent was 13 degrees Fahrenheit. Inside it was warmer as I had two dogs.  I have an extra tent, so you will have your own room, but Donner sleeps in my tent and not with you, as he did with Britte back at Pukaskwa in Ontario. 

The below photo of the Defender passing Denali was taken by photographer Ed Boudreau back in 2013.  Notice Leben's wheelchair hung off the rear left ladder.



Ed and Donner, from on the road
P.S...I apologize and take full responsibility for all typos, errors and ambiguities in this message.  I do not have time to edit or even proof my messages.  Please do the best you can to interpret what I wrote.

No comments: