Note well...




Day 47, Saturday, September 24, Leaving Anchorage, 8700 miles

Just leaving Anchorage now to start to long road home, although I think I am entitled to call the road my home.  Thrilled to leave this city as it is the worst I have encountered for its roads and some of the drivers. 

I dropped my brief travel companion,Stefanie, off at the airport last night, and now I must re-acclimate myself to solitude.  My guess is that with the conditions I will have to face, that should not be difficult as there will be no time for or place for feeling alone. But the memories of the brief encounter with my companion will surely suppress any emergent thoughts of being alone for a very long time. That's how good that experience was.

Donner clearly showed signs of withdrawal after nine days with our guest, but he is happy to be riding shotgun again, albeit with a new collar on to prevent him from licking a problem that developed under his front leg.  He is also experiencing a bout of runs, that I hope a visit to the vet here cured.

Today we head to Tok on the ALCAN, and then down to Haines, where I hope I can improve my wait list standing on the ferry to avoid the 2200 mile drive to Vancouver.  We'll see.

The road beckons.

VINCERO 


Ed and Donner, from on the road

No comments: