Note well...




Day 42, Wednesday, September 22, Anchorage

Sorry for my few words, uncharacteristic of me.  But here's a posting to think about.

We are in Anchorage now, and I spent the day cleaning the Defender, replacing my now-retired fall jacket,  retrieving some critical things from Fed Ex and planning my trip south, followed by a wonderful dinner at Orso's with my surprise travel partner, Stefanie, before we go our separate ways after what  can only be described as an exciting and intense eight or nine days. Who's counting?  While planning the trip home, however, I discovered that my ferry to the lower 48 was cancelled, with little hope of an attractive alternative.  Nice, huh?  Driving the 2195 miles or more to Vanciuver is an option, of course, but the Defender needs a break. We'll figure something out.

This break is a good one for me because it gives me a chance to think about all that has taken place and to put everything in some kind of perspective, albeit one that will be in draft form, subject to visions and revisions.  I do know one thing however, and that is that I will emerge as a changed human being when I return.  This trip has been nothing short of extraordinary, full of twists and turns, natural beauty and human beauty, problems and solutions, memories and hopes, and most of all, the constant companionship of my beloved Donner. I just wish I had the ability to commit what I feel into words.

That's it for tonight. It's late and raining, so I need to turn in, a happier person that when this day started.

P.s. 1L...Jxjmm xjojx jmmxj ojxjm mxjo!



Ed and Donner, from on the road
P.S...I apologize and take full responsibility for all typos, errors and ambiguities in this message.  I do not have time to edit or even proof my messages.  Please do the best you can to interpret what I wrote.

No comments: