Note well...




Day 29, At Seely Lake

Last night, at Seeky Lake,  it rained from 10 to 3, and then again from 7-8.  When I got outside, I discovered this dragon fly on the picnic table drenched.  It showed  no signs of life.  Poor guy, I thought, got caught in the rain. As I went to brush the critter from the table, it moved its legs in agitation.  Ah, poor guy, I thought, he'll never fly again his wings are so drenched. I decided to put it out of his misery, but then retracted my decision to leave it be and let nature take its course.  When I returned to the table a few minutes later, he had propped himself up on his legs.  That's interesting, I thought.  It's like he is struggling to live, but what else can he do to recover? When I returned to the table a few minutes later, he was fluttering his wings as if to shake off all of the rain.  Fantastic, I thought, but can he make it?  I let him be and left for a few minutes. When I returned, he was gone.

All creatures will opt for life if they are left alone by us humans.  Even dragon flies.



Ed and Donner, from on the road
P.S...I apologize and take full responsibility for all typos, errors and ambiguities in this message.  I do not have time to edit or even proof my messages.  Please do the best you can to interpret what I wrote.

No comments: