Note well...




Day 53, Friday, September 30, Whitehorse, Yukon

Day 53, Friday, September 30, Whitehorse, Yukon 

Just some random notes...

Temperature dipped in high 20s last night but I was toasty warm in the tent. Thank God for Northface's great tents.  

I am still experimenting with the new routine I have to go through with these unexpected layovers.  Probably half the day is spent on the chores that need to get done.  For instance, if I will drive away from the camp, I need to empty the contents of the tent into the rental car just in case some mal-intending person walks off my stuff, especially since I am alone in this camp.

The rental car I have does not charge my batteries very well despite its two USB ports.  Perhaps one percent an hour.  I need to figure out a solution.  As a last resort, I will move into a Days Inn and turn the rental car in.  So, some of my postings will be brief. In the meantime, the mobile phone gets top priority, then the iPad, then the camera.

Weather here has been splendid so far.  Thank God for that.  

On the agenda for today...renew rental car, get gas, get cash, buy needed supplies and food, visit the auto shop, recharge batteries, etc. Mundane stuff but critical here.

I will stay at this camp one more day before moving to another camp.

Found out there's a ferry from Skagway to Washington State on the 17th. That means I will have been delayed almost a month, but I guess that's the way these things go.

More later when I get battery.




Ed and Donner, from on the road

No comments: