Note well...




Day 23, Wednesday, August 31...0n the road to SK

Just found that this was not sent out for some reason. It's a couple of days old, but you will understand.

Ed

Gotta be quick...no time, little battery, no internet..

On the road now from Lake Audy in Riding Mountain National Park in Manitoba to Buffalo Pound Provincial Park on the other side of Regina SK.  Decided yesterday to gain a day by bypassing Winnipeg and pushing on the Audy.  Goal was to get in there (440 miles) by 8, and we made it at 8:08 to see the sunset.  I calculated the sun would set at 8:20, and it set at 8:22.  Great decision. Lots of memories were resurrected.

At Audy, we were greeted by fellow campers, the Geisbrecht family from Manitoba. Let me tell you something. If all kids camping were as good as those six kids, it would be a pleasure seeing kids in campgrounds. They each earned an OTR patch for being good campers.

The Defender is showing some problems.  In the morning, it takes 13 turns to fire up, vs the usual 4. I think it's the cold AND the regular gas, the only option in places. Also, I am i having difficulty putting it in reverse.  Not good.  I will try some things before I see professional help.

Donner is ecstatic with all the smells and new sights.  His universe is expanding rapidly.  When he came almost nose to nose with a herd of bison at Audy, he did not know how to react, so tried all his reactions.  His last one, awe, pleased the head bull very much.

On the way out of Audy, I could not find my wallet.  Had to go back a mile and retrace my steps.  When I closed up and stored the tent away, it stowed away in a corner.  Lost an hour but the good news is that when I went back to site 11, I found that I left a pen there and on the way out a different route, we ran across the bison.  A silver lining in every cloud. .

Photos later.  Gotta get on the road.

Ed and Donner, from on the road

No comments: