Note well...




Day 51, Thursday, September 29, Whitehorse camp on Yukon

Got a great night's sleep last night... almost 10 hours.  That fresh cold air does wonders for one's health.

Spent several hours this morning ordering replacement  parts that might be the Defender's problem so Travis, my mechanic, can have them right away.  Three are coming from the US (ignition coil, distributor and condenser, and fuel filter) and one from England (mass air flow sensor).  I never cease to be amazed at how proficient I can become in autos when these things happen.  My hope is that they will be here by Tuesday so Travis can install them on Wednesday and I can get on the road Thursday.

Which brings me to the next thing I did today.  My ferry from Haines AK to Prince Rupert left this morning without me. The next ferry to Washington state is October  18th, which I will take if I am here until then.  But thinking I would be on the ferry to Prince Rupert today, I booked a BC ferry to Vancouver Island for October 7th.  With what little information I have to go on, I decided to change that to the 14th since there was one spot left.  I hope the Defender is on the road before then. If the Defender is ready by next Wednesday (unlikely), I will drive the 475 miles on Thursday to see if I can get on that sold-out ferry on the 7th.  If not, I will spend a week in Prince Rupert for the ferry on the 14th or drive the three days to Vancouver. This of course depends on which route I plan to take home and that I have the Defender at all to drive home. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Now that my required chores for the day are done, I will work on some delayed postings, the latest saga and the Dalton and Denali Diaries.

I took Donner to a wonderful local vet here yesterday to get some deworming meds. His bout of loose stools continues so it must have picked up a parasite along the way. If it's not one problem, it's another. But I do believe there is a solution for every problem.

The camp I am in tomorrow closes so I will move to Wolf Creek park 14 k up the road.  It too closes tomorrow but they permit bivouacking in the off season. Fortunately, I am prepared for winter camping.

VINCERO, VINCERO, VINCERO.

1L-Uijol johpg zov!!


Ed and Donner, from on the road

No comments: