Note well...




Day 26, at a rest stop in Banff, or was it Jasper?

A photo of two charming young women from Germany, Stephanie and Kyla, with you know who.  Everyone wants to get their photos taken with Donner and/or the Defender. No one wants any photos of me. :(.  Donner, once again, on the lookout for dogs.

Stephanie (on left) told me she was going to Anchorage and she was excited, maybe envious, when I told her where I was going, the Arctic and then Denali.   I gave her a patch and told her to watch my blog for an open invitation for any one of my readers to join me for the Denali leg of the trip if one of those who entered the Denali lottery for me does not want to go.  She look excited, but we'll see. My guess is that this was a brief encounter, likely to fade into one of the multitudinous memories from on the road. But oddly enough, one of the two women bore a striking resemblance to the winner of that futile contest I engaged in yesterday. Was that a sign, or just one of those apparitions I experience on the road.



Ed and Donner, from on the road
P.S...I apologize and take full responsibility for all typos, errors and ambiguities in this message.  I do not have time to edit or even proof my messages.  Please do the best you can to interpret what I wrote.

No comments: