Note well...




Day 82, Saturday, October 29, Whitehorse, day 34

Day 82, Saturday, October 29, Whitehorse, day 34

It was a sad day for me today.  Certainly because of the news yesterday about Summer, Matt's beloved companion dog, but also because my stay in Whitehorse is drawing to an end soon. I spent the day partially reloading the Defender and getting used to driving it again, which didn't take long. There is  much work that needs to get done on it to get it in shape for the 4000-mile drive from Seattle, which i will get done in Seattle.

I also spent some time just walking the streets of Whitehorse with Donner, especially quaInt Main Street, trying to burn upon my mind a few last fond memories of this wondeful town. I miss it already. The entire stay was nothing less than pleasant, although it was hectic at times attending to the Defender 's issues and sketching and then fleshing out plans A and B. Fortunately. It looks like Plan A will be on and we will be heading for the ferry in Skagway at 8:30 Mondsy morning. Although i reserve the right to edit my comments later, in a large sense, i am thrilled thst this hiatus took place here. At a minimum, i learned something about myself.

The weather here and in Skagway the next few days will be marvelous, dispelling all concerns i had about the drive to Skagway. In fact, it would have been just horrible driving both last week and the week before in snow, so things worked out quite well.

Donner was especially happy to see the Defender  again today, and rebonded with it instantly, as did I. i feel absolutely thrilled with my decision to do all i did to get to where we are today. The outcome could have been much worse.

I learned from Matt that a friend is flying Summer to Calgary Monday (2250 km away) for tests etc., so please keep you hopes up for that beautiful, sweet dog.

More tomorrow. It's a special day. I will explain tomorrow.

Photo..the Defender on Main Street, at last.


Ed and Donner, from on the road

1 comment:

burtonbostwick said...

God speed Big Eddie...and Donner!