Note well...




Monday, August 8, 2016..11:23

Well, I got through a formidable list if items To Do today.  All that remains is to do some final packing of clothes, load the Defender and check out, after getting a good night's sleep, I hope.

My plan tomorrow is to drive to Mongaup State Park in NY, right down the road form my old Boy Scout camp, where my love of camping started, and where I want my ashes spread with my dogs' when it's my time to go. If I cannot make it there, I will stay at a state park in in Pennsylvania near Scranton.

I have reservations (the last ones on the lake) at Wells State Park in Massachusetts Wednesday night and I snagged the very last campsite available in all of Acadia National Park on Thursday. I will plan the rest of the trip in detail on the road, but my general plan is then to travel to Riviere du Loup in Quebec, catch a ferry to San Simeon to cross the St Lawrence, camp at a lovely camp in Todoussac I found in 2011, and then head north up to Lac Saint Jean and then on to Chibougamau. From there, we head west and then north to Alaska 14 days away. Of course, plans can always change, but I am hoping not.

More when we actually get on the road.

ED

No comments: