Note well...




Day 21, Monday, 8/29 Moving on from Sleeping Giant PP to Aaron Provincial Park in western Ontario

Another quick posting from on the road...

After a great night at  Pukaskwa, we drove the several hundred miles to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park near Thunder Bay.  On the way, we came across the only other Defender in all of Canada, accompanied by a Discovery, as we pulled out of a gas stop.  As owners of Defenders are required to do, we stopped in place, blocking the entrance to the gas station. They were three hunters from Minnesota up in Canada for some early hunting. We traded Defender stories for a few minutes.  I wanted to get the required photo, but the irate owner of the gas station made us move on.  The guy in Defender then invited Donner and me to spend the night with them in their nearby cabin in Red Rock and trade more Defender stories, but the road beckoned, and I had to make my destination 50 miles up the road that night to make up for the 10 days I lost in Quebec. Besides, they had a dog, and with Donner, since I did not yet know if that mix would work, I thought that that might be problematic, so I moved on to Sleeping Giant Provincial Park.  (Note, there's more to this story, but I will save that for a future time.)

We got into Sleeping Giant (see photo) at 8:30 and ended the day chatting with Adam and Kate from Minnesota, the state the three guys with Defender were from. Sleeping Giant must be a favorite place for Minnesota.

Today we heading for Aaron Provincial Park in western Ontario, where I have stayed on every trip through Canada. Hope to get campsite 12, the best in the camp, where we always stayed.






Ed and Donner, from on the road

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so great talking to you Sunday night Ed! Best wishes on the rest of your adventure! -Kate & Adam