Note well...




Addendum to my last

I forgot to mention in my prior posting that yesterday I mentioned to  my next-site neighbor Chris that on all my road trips I only lost one thing, a pewter wine glass I left behind on August 21 , 2001, at the site in the Arctic where I scattered Sonntag's and Kessie's ashes. With my checklists and routine, it is virtually impossible for me lose or misplace things. Last night, I discovered that my Casio camera, and a charger were missing from my dashboard where they are stored. My guess is that someone reached into my vehicle when I went into a gas stop store on one of my three stops along the way.  My guess also is that they were about to take more but discovered Donner in the back and got the hell out of there fast.

On the matter of problems with the Defender, the good news is that i take with me the entire Defender workshop and parts manuals,  about 10" thick, although the bad news is that they are in English when most people in this neck of the woods here speak only French.

Ed

ETM

No comments: