Note well...




Day 14, Monday, August 22, RDL day 10

Rained all last night.  Nothing like that can induce a good night's sleep.

 When I first started these road trips, I absolutely loathed setting up or breaking camp in the rain, sometimes hard, cold rain.  Now, while I don't exactly look forward to it, it's all the same to me.  The key is to do it in a way so that nothing, including my dogs, gets wet.  Donner must feel the same way because as soon as we got back from our walk this morning and the rain started again, he went right for the tent.  When I poked my head inside a bit later, he was sound asleep, on my bed, not his, probably thinking, this sure beats being chained up in that Los Angeles back yard.

While I await the word from Shaun on the Defender, I decided to stay close to the camp today.  I had originally planned to hike the 4 miles to the grocery store and restock my diminishing food cache as I am now down to 3 from the original 11.  I also planned to buy a skillet and a some raw hamburger  to bring down the cost of Donner's.

Breaking news. Shaun just called. The Defender is ready.  He also investigated the rear left noise issue.  Only one of the nuts holding the wheel to the vehicle was tightened. The others were loose.  In other words, the wheel might have come off at some point.  Hmmm. Let me think about how that might have happened back home. 

Photo below.  My office in the rain. Donner is asleep in the tent.



Ed and Donner, from on the road

No comments: