Note well...




Fwd: Day 11, August 19, Riviere du Loup ...Decisions, decisions, decisions 12:45 p.m.

Well, decision point 1 came and went and no word on the distributor delivery. But they did say it is on the truck for delivery, but without saying where from.
In the meantime, we have moved our gear to a nice new camp site in lovely downtown Camping Municipal in Riviere du Loup and will hold off setting up camp until 3 or 4, for decision point 2.

Here's a photo of some of the gear all packed up and either ready to go again or get unpacked. Donner is off under a tree, the coolest place in the site, probably wondering when we will visit the Glace Shoppe . Smart dog.



Ed and Donner, from on the road

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ed Mulrenin <edmulrenin@gmail.com>
Date: August 19, 2016 at 11:36:04 AM GMT-4
To: OnTheRoad.Camp
Subject: Day 11, August 19, Riviere du Loup ...Decisions, decisions, decisions


My new distributor arrived at the Fed Ex facility in Quebec yesterday after clearing customs 18 hours after it was shipped. And there it has sat for 26 hours.  I think what they must do is hold the packages until the last minute to meet the promised delivery time (no later than 5pm today) and then rush it out the door to meet the deadline.  The truth is, I never got a rush Fed Ex delivery much before the deadline. But often after.

I must vacate my current camp site by noon so I am packed up and ready to either get on the road or move to another site for one day, three days or indefinitely if the problem is not only the distributor.

1- If the delivery is made by noon, 30 minutes from now, I will move my gear to the camp entrance and hope that the distributor is the only problem.  If it is not, I will move to a new site and camp here indefinitely.

2- if  the delivery is not made by noon, I will move to  new site here, but not set up camp until 4pm, hoping that the Defender is ready to go and I can still make the last ferry across the St Lawrence by 6pm.

3- if I am confident the Defender will not be ready by 4pm, I will send you new photos of my campsite here for tonight or until Monday or indefinitely.

In the meantime, here's a new photo of how Donner passes the time here when he is not hunting for dogs or ice cream.  As you can see, he is all packed up and ready to go with his pack full of treats.

<image1.JPG>



Ed and Donner, from on the road

No comments: