Note well...




December 6, 2016......

For most of my road trips, I usually drafted my final blog posting at night during the course of the long drive home across the lower 48, once bivouacking for two days at the splendid Savage River Lodge in western Maryland to finish it.  I did this knowing full well that as soon as I walked in the door of my home, I would be swamped by the formidable task of unpacking almost 800 pounds of gear and supplies, tackling the several feet of mail waiting for me, and being pulled headlong into to the vortex of daily routine of life back home.  And that is exactly what happened this year, which is why I still have not yet drafted that final blog entry. But I started working on it today and hope to have it finished soon, so please bear with me. And although I refer to it as the final posting, it really will not be.  The real final one will be posted only when the Defender is back home and back on the road again, which it will be. In the meantime, Donner quickly settled back into the life he thought he was going to have forever after I rescued him last year, only to have it interrupted by 117 days of what probably were the most bizarre days of his life. They certainly were mine.

ED

No comments: