Note well...




Day 117, Staurday, December 3,

I apologize for the delay in posting this.  Let me just post this brief entry now  to say that Donner and I made it home safely tonight, but not without one final obstacle that was thrown into our path by some employees at Delta airlines, despite all my careful preparations and precautions.  Thanks to the captain of the plane and the chief steward, that obstacle was swiftly and professionally removed, but only after Donner (and I, as his surrogate) went through the most harrowing incident of our entire trip, just when we thought that we had seen everything.  I don't have time to write about it now, but I will tomorrow.  I will also send my final posting of this blog some time after that. Suffice  it is to say now that we are both home safe and sound.  The Defender, however, is still sitting in Salina Utah waiting to be transported back to Washington next week, and it will be transported back, even if I have to go back to Salina to haul it back myself..  Those who know me know that I never give up on matters that are important to me, and this one is important to me.

ED and Donner, from DC

No comments: