Note well...




Fwd: Day 16, August 24, Reserve Fauinque, Chubogamou





What a magnificent day.  If I get one of these days on a 90 day trip, it would have been a success.  It started out at wonderful Camping Val Jabert, and continued with a 150-mike fantastic road with rolling hills and twisting turns and no one on it and nothing in sight but green, road, lakes and rivers.  We took a detour down a dirt road that did not seem to go anywhere we wanted so we headed back to the road.

We arrived in Chibogamau at 4:30 but I decided to head for the Route du Nord to check it out.  A cop stopped me, not because I was doing anything wrong, but because I looked suspicious.  He destined me for 45 minutes while he checked out my entire background, which, as many know, I can explain in 45 minutes. When I told him I was heading to Alaska, he told me I could not get there by way of the Route du Nord. Thanks for telling me that, I told him, but did not tell him that I could.  

After we got released from custody, we head up the Route du Nord, a very long dirt and gravel road and camped for the night at the splendid Reserve Faunique camp ground on a lake in total isolation.  A perfect 10.  

Driving up Route du Nord, implanted North to Alaska many times, because that's where we are headed, despite the cop's advice.  What he does not know is that all roads lead to Alaska.

Donner was treated to a formal dinner of hamburger and rice, and half my salmon and rice, served on a table cloth we reserve for special occasions.

I let Donner off the leash outside for the first time ever.  This was probably his first day of freedom outside ever. He was as obedient as any dog I had in coming when called.  It was a joy seeing him experience things for the first time. What a joy this dog is.

The road and the camps were 10s today for sure, but so too were the hospitable staff at the camps, Heidi, Joany, and Roger.  The people we meet along the way are the icing on the cake, and the cake was pretty goo to begin with.

Some photos at our camp...more to come later.



Ed and Donner, from on the road

2 comments:

Sarita y Michael said...

i've seen everything now....tablecloth dining for doggie (?)....wow! But...it's getting close to the best pic yet of the trip.

Sarita y Michael said...

i've seen everything now....tablecloth dining for doggie (?)....wow! But...it's getting close to the best pic yet of the trip.