Note well...




Day 102, Defender Update

Day 102, Defender Update

The Defender is up and running.  At 4:15, just as i was packing my gear to take to a nearby motel for the weekend, David, the mechanic at Precision Garage In Ely, explained and showed me why it might be the ignition coil, which i had changed twice in the last four months.  But he did not know if he would be able to get one quickly. Fortunately, i had a spare one with me and when we put that one in, everything worked.  Apparently, the coil was installed upside down, which would not have made much of a difference except that this one was defective and leaked when it was upsaide down. No one could have known that it was defective.

My goal is to move on tomorrow to get on route 70, which will take me to my front door in about six days.  I need to regain confidence in the Defender, and so will not be doing any camping far from the hiways or places with good garages.






Ed and Donner, from on the road

No comments: